TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Olevia 265FHD-T11 - picture is still great, but no sound to

Customer Question
internal speakers and nothing to...
Olevia 265FHD-T11 - picture is still great, but no sound to internal speakers and nothing to external feeds. Tried changing out main board, but "new' main board I purchased was even worse - no picture!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/2/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?

What is this external feed ?

A sound system , sound bar etc. ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the I am saying that the TV provides no audio - nothing to internal speakers and also nother to the audio line out jacks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you familiar with Olevia TVs?

O.k but you did try to connect something to the line out .

What i`m getting at is that if there is no sound at the tv then perhaps it could be taken at the cable box for example instead of spending money or main boards for this tv

See plenty of olevia

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
TV has multiple input sources that were connected when things were working properly. trying to grab the audio off each of these sources is not a desirable fix for me. I want to get the audio within the TV functioning properly again.

which main board do you have , the SC0-P705201-000 or SC0-P508201GSI0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SCO-P705201-000
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a service manual or troubleshooting guide available for this model?

how much did you pay for that replacement and is it the exact replacement ?

There are 2 versions

Let me check for the manual

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
board is exact replacement at least from a PN standpoint and visual. However the replacement board has a much earlier serial number than my unit. When i installed the replacement board I saw several issues: 1) Blue Power LED was not on, 2) on power up the Olevia splash screen was very cloudy on the left side with gray bars running vertically, and 3) nothing came up after splash screen

o.k then you do get something coming up .

No way to select an input and check for sound either I would guess ?

No manual for this .

If you can return that defective board then I would and if not then you could try to start and swap parts in the audio circuit assuming the audio works on the other board but if you have no sound at the preamp level then its pretty far into the circuit and you could end up killing your other board .

That versions sells for some $300 at some website I just saw !

You could get yourself a surround sound for that price and connect everything there .

At this point its either another main board or sound system or sound bar with multiple inputs

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Understand what your saying. However one issue is that my primary input source is an HDTV antenna - not a cable box. Thus I really need to peel off the audio inside the main board past the RF tuner. I am definitely going to go back at the shop that provided the "100% functional" replacement board. Without any schematics or service manual I am poking around blind on this main board. I also wanted to make sure that it was not some power supply related problem that is perhaps not feeding proper power to the audio section of the board.

I`d be surprised the audio circuit has its own power feed , it could be a power issue but on the main board where the feed (B+) gets sub-divided into feeds for various circuits

If you have an antenna there is still an alternative though

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the alternative?

External tuner that records and comes with its own remote ;

https://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Has HDMI and analog audio out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will check it out. Still would like to sort out what is going on internally!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for trying to help.

I understand ,

Would be difficult for me to help you from where I`m sitting though without some sort of schematic or at least block diagram .

All I can do is offer alternatives at this point as this main board is definitely MIA

Again , I would re-install the old board , get refunded for the defective main board and go for the alternative

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid by this website for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician