TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My TV tells me I need a new lamp. Model # PT43LCr4

Customer Question
my TV tells me I...
my TV tells me I need a new lamp. Model # *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
5/29/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Please double check that model number carefully, and post back with the correct one. The one you posted is not valid.

I'm going to assume the correct model number is: PT43LC14. Correct?

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Do you need assistance with this?

TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , i`m Jack , different tech.

Here is a lamp reasonably priced for this PT43LC14 ; http://www.apexlamps.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=759&gclid=CjwKEAjwpqq6BRC99aKUkaSjuDsSJAC0pNTVy1CY1uYHp0DVevYJQSsS__uiH_a8Ce13lahHo7BEZBoCTCjw_wcB

Do not buy any cheaper than that like those lamps at 30 or $40 on ebay and amazon , you`d only be asking for trouble

Do you know how to reset the timer ?

I can see you coming around to look and also your other post that has been closed so you would not get charged twice .

Can`t you send a reply ?

If you can`t reply by typing then here is a phone offer

In any case i will give you your answer and then trust that you will do the right thing and rate me positively for my help

If your lamp is still coming on but you are getting a message to replace it then you can reset the lamp timer to turn off that message but do replace that lamp soon , it will not last long and very likely will blow up

Here is the procedure for this model ;

Turn on the tv and then press and hold VOLUME DOWN directly on the front panel while you press and hold SPLIT (play) on the remote until you see the message that the timer has been reset to 0

Note that some models use the PIP button instead of SPLIT

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician