TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I was watching tv earlier and i walked by the tv and it shut

Customer Question
off all by itself know...
i was watching tv earlier and i walked by the tv and it shut off all by itself know it wont turn on there is no red stand by light
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
5/25/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hello, First- Sorry you're having problems. Secondly, is there any chance you can get the Model Number off of the back of this TV so I know what set we're dealing with?
Let me know when you're ale to see my reply.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hitachi plasma tv hds69 series
Thank you for the reply. Walking by the TV alone shouldn't cause any problems, unless the power cord was loose and it vibrated, or there was lots of static on a carpet or similar. If there's no sign of the power light on the set at all, then in most cases this indicates the Power Supply Board in the TV has failed- and that requires replacement of the board. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Are you still having the same problem?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing at all
I'm very sorry to hear that, and this does indicate that the power supply board in the TV has failed, and requires replacement of that component to fix the issue. The average cost of this repair at a shop is in the $250-$275 range (depending on the exact model number) and a shop can be located at the link below if you'd like: http://www.tvrepairpros.com Alternatively, if this is something you'd like to try to repair yourself, then I will need the FULL model number (all digits located on the sticker on the back of the set), and I can then search to try and find you a link to the power supply board- which is "plug and play" and something that can be replaced without any special tools or soldering. Other than that, I'm sorry there isn't a quick fix and wish there were better news. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Aric, Technician