Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My Sony sxrd big screen won't turn on. Green light blinks

Customer Question

My Sony sxrd big screen won't turn on. Green light blinks for a while fan is on then goes to red light for a while. Then off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's about it. Turn on green light blinks for a while fan on then turns to red blinks for a while screen stays black
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Not really I unplugged for a while then tried. No different.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome The red light does not blink?also have you had any issues with the set going on and then off then on again? I will need the model number please found on the back of the set? Anthony
Is there something you do not understand about my information requests please?let me know thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red light blinks also .
Model # *****
OK now the light may be blinking and pausing please count the amount of red blinks between pauses like 3 blinks pause 3 blinks as an example
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The red light blinks steady quit counting at 50
OK and this is the power light OR the lamp light?have a look on the set it will be labelled
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lampi light
You need to replace the lamp do you know how to do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone connection not good enough to call
You need to get an OEM lamp you can get one of those from www.dlplampsource.com Click the blue writing above I will get you the information you need to replace it, this is MEANT to be replaced by the user anyhow please give me 5 mins
I cant use the phone right now texting is better anyhow
Click here
Look on page 104 how to replace the lamp Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (Iam a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do notwork for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help no orlater thank you. ***** Anthony
Do you need more help please?
Please understand this IS the lamp the answer is correct the info is correct if you need more help let me know but please rate the answer positively so I get paid by the site thank you Anthony