TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Both the blue power light and the stand-by light is on no

Customer Question
picture and no audio JA: TV...
both the blue power light and the stand-by light is on no picture and no audio
JA: TV is better than ever... just as long as it works right. ;-) Fortunately, the technicians are real masters, and I'd like to connect you with the best one to help get your picture back.
Customer: ok
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: bothy the poer light and stand-by light are on. no picture or sound
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
5/23/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?Also ,Can you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tv quit while watching
no
model number pdp-6070pu
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can we fix this problem
Sorry had to step out while waiting for your reply
Are any of those 2 lights blinking ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no solid
I`ll have to pull out the service manual and in the mean time try this ;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.let me know how that goes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
didn't work tv won't reset can here tv click as it tried to reset
Did you pull out the back cover ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
O.k then we got a problem here .Without a blink code this could be anything but as a rule of thumb the no blink situation usually points to a defective main board , those codes are detected and stored on the main board and it cannot diagnose its own brain if you will .Let me check a few things
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok like what
Like the price of that main board part # ***** (ANP2146-C) from pioneer at $692
I think you would be better have a local tech. look at this , there is just so much I can do from where I`m sitting and without a blink code I can only give you an educated guess , not a real diagnostic and considering the price of that board if it turns out to be the culprit I would also consider a new tv .You can buy a new 60" with all the bells and whistles for that $700 and you did not even touch the labor rates yet .This tv is 8 years old
If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comThis will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what brand is the new 60" and does it come with a warrenty
All brands have at least a one year warranty .At this time the better bang for the buck would be Panasonic , LG and Samsung .Stay away from vizio , insignia and definitely not RCAOther than that stick with known brands like sony , Toshiba etc.
Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what happens after the free trail and i don't want to do month to month.
To tell you frankly I`m not privy to any of the money or trial part but I can tell you that you can just decline any offers .Here is a phone number for that 1.***-***-****
not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .
Still have questions on this ?
If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician