TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a vhs/dvd player I was watching tv feel a sleep and…

Customer Question
I have a vhs/dvd player...
I have a vhs/dvd player I was watching tv feel a sleep and pushed one of the controls on the remote while watching a movie when I woke up the tv screen was a snowstorm but the dvd was still playing any help would be apreciated
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
5/19/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- So now TV screen shows snow as if antenna has unplugged?- Do you need to watch DVD picture on TV again?- What is the model number/ brand of TV in question?Thanks.
everything is fine with the tv no problems at all but when change the remote from tv to air and play a dvd or vhs all this is snow checked all my cord antenna etc also we are in a remote area all we have is bell express vu satellite system something happen on my remote that locked it none of the buttons will react to anything
Thanks for the info.- What is the model number/ brand of TV in question?
Since I still don't know what is model/ brand of your TV so providing generic info that might help.Please grab TV remote and find a button labeled as Input or Source or TV/Video, push it a few times to check different video inputs of TV as one will show you cable box picture and DVD player picture. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?
there is nothing wrong with the tv it is a hitachi 57" protection tv rear projection there is just something wrong with it the dvd remote when I switch it to air and put in a dvd or vhs and hit play all there is snow the model of the dvd is pv-d4744s-k also none the buttons will react on the dvd remote the tv is from 1996
I never said TV is broken.In fact I asked you to find Input or Source or TV/Video button on Hitachi remote or TV itself to change video input as correct video input will show you DVD/VHS playback picture.- Can you get me the model number of TV?- Can you check what type of wire connected in DVD/VHS player and hooked into TV for picture and sound signals?I can't see things at your side from here and need your help to provide me info to assist you further.Thanks.