Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a convergence problem with a Sony kp43ht20. Replaced

Customer Question

I have a convergence problem with a Sony kp43ht20. Replaced the two ICs, but now I'm getting a menu screen with everything bowed, but all three colors show.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: After replacing the ICs, I'm getting a bowed menu screen
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Convergence only
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome Did you just replace the two chips nothing else? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only the two STR-D615, and checked all fusesPat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, STK392-560
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
checked the 120ohm resistors too
Pat you can't do that , you need to fit a complete kit which means resistors and the fuses themselves AND you must NOT make a mistake or its back to square 1 , its a very unforgiving game this type of work, so you need to get those chips out as they are now likely damaged again, and use this kit here Click the blue writingLet me know if you need more help Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessaryMany ThanksAnthony
Pat do you need more help please? Anthony