Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Panasonic viera tv - sound works through receiver but no picture.

Customer Question

Panasonic viera tv - sound works through receiver but no picture. Menu comes up fine. Screen keeps saying no signal. Comcast came out and determined issue is not on their end - picture showed up fine on their portable tv monitor
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome If you try another input like a DVD player does that work OK? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not tried
You will need to do that so I can diagnose what is happening thanks anything other than the cable \sateliite box pref but not essential through the same inputs for the box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tried blue ray
Can hear sound but still no picture
You need to swap out the main-board can you do this work yourself?I will provide more info Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
I will have to get help
Too heavy and hanging on wall
OK that is your problem anyhow, I can help you with that, its a plug in board no soldering, let me know if you can do it please note this question never closes Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do not work for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help no or later thank you. ***** Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may get back to you when my dad can help but it will not happen today. He hooked up tv initially and is a physics prof so will understand much more than I.
OK Let me know If you need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area Please understand I do need to be rated positive so I receive credit from the site, you can still come back here anytime thank you Anthony