Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a LC-46SB57UN the power light just keeps on blinking

Customer Question

I have a LC-46SB57UN the power light just keeps on blinking after plugged in.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Please tell me the specific blink code you're getting on the TV (for example 2 short blinks, then 2 long blinks, etc.).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power just keeps on blinking thats all.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks. And that light is blinking as soon as the power cord is plugged in- not only after you press the power button correct? Also is there any response from the power button on the set (relay clicks, screen lights even for a second, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes once plugged in the light will blink, I read and what I read told me to press the menu button and the volume down button before I plugged it in. when I did that, the power light went solid then after a while it clicked once then it started blinking again
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Offhand this points to the Mainboard- not the power supply board as being the root cause of the problem. Just to make sure- the symptoms were exactly the same both before and after replacing the power supply board? I also need to know- also is there any response from the power button on the set (relay clicks, screen lights even for a second, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the power button I can press it and once in a while it will click once. Before the replacement of the power supply board. it took a while to turn on. I would unplug and plug until it would go on.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Where did you purchase the replacement board from and do you still have the original?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I still have the original power supply board. and it was changed I think a few weeks ago when the part came in. I replaced it myself
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, it just seems strange you have completely different symptoms- so I was actually asking where you purchased the board from- not who put it in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From eBay