TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 70" Sony Bravia 4K and Verizon Quantum (now Frontier)

Customer Question
as my cable provider....
I have a 70" Sony Bravia 4K and Verizon Quantum (now Frontier) as my cable provider. Periodically the Sony requires an update. When I updated the TV, I lost the cable connection. The self diagnostics on the Sony indicates that it's working. The input for the cable is HDMI 3, but none of the inputs are working. I've called Frontier, but they were unable to help. Hopefully you can. Thanks. Denise
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/14/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cable box
Blue-ray player
No inputs work so nothing connected to this TV works.
OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes. I have done all that twice.
OK, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes, is this OK?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Thanks.
One more question, do the HDMI inputs appear in video source list when push input button on remote and can you select an HDMI input?Do you get sound of connected video source to that HDMI input while no picture appears?
Did you get my previous reply where I asked following info..- Do the HDMI inputs appear in video source list when push input button on remote and can you select an HDMI input?- Do you get sound of connected video source to that HDMI input while no picture appears?
I need to go offline now for few hours and will reply you when I come online.Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't notice your question before.
You can select the HDMI inputs, but none of them produce a picture.
There is no sound.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Shahid, I have to get up very early tomorrow morning so I can't wait any longer. If you find a solution, please let me know and I'll try again tomorrow. This is very frustrating. Thank you for your time.
Sorry about delayed reply Denise, it seems HDMI processor chip failure which is mounted on main board of TV and replacement of main board will help to resolve the issue. This is surprising that firmware update made it bad. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then this repair may cost you $350 plus, please click following link to view main board image and part number info..http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-a-2057-841-a-baxf-board.htmIf you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Shahid,
This happened before and the Verizon tech was able to fix it within 5 minutes. If a simple upgrade can cause this problem, then Sony should be ashamed of themselves for selling this piece of equipment. I have one more person to call to see if they can resolve this issue that doesn't involve me bringing the TV in for repair. Your input is appreciated and I will let you know by the end of today what I will do about the TV. Thank you for your time in trying to resolve this issue.
Denise
Sure Denise, please reply back with the results.Thanks.
Hi there, I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!Please reply back here if there is additional questions.Thank you.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician