Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have an lg tv, less than 2 years old. We had an electrical

Customer Question

I have an lg tv, less than 2 years old. We had an electrical storm, tv went out and won't come back on. Electrical is working, red light on tv is on indicating power is on. No picture, no sound, screen is black. What can I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Does the tv respond to anything like if you use the buttons directly on it , does that red light blink or do anything ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here is something for you to try ;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.let me know how that goes.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If you get no results from that reboot/reset then let me know and give me the model number .I will then be able to be more specific with possible cause and fixIf that did it then great and please do not forget to use the rating system positively so i get paid for my time.I`m an independent tech. here not a site employee