Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have lost my instructions my remote to the

Customer Question

Hi, I have lost my instructions for coding my remote to the tV.
Can you tell me how to tie the remote and tv together?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What remote is it you're referring to here today? If it's a Cable provided remote, do you have the name of your Cable Provider and/or perhaps a model of the Box or remote please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have cable; I am using an Insignia remote that came with the TV. but I think I am losing my mind. Because right this minute, I can't find the remote.
Please hang on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My TV is old - probably about 5 years old.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay if it's the remote that came with the TV there is no "coding" for the remote- so I'm not sure what it is you're trying to do. Are you saying the remote will not operate the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, it will not operate on the tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
look Im sorry. But the remote is beyond lost at the moment. Let's just cancel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will only be charged the $5 right?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I haven't been paid anything, and I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I found the remote. Whew
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, good. Now the issue with the remote not working is either the remote itself has failed or the remote sensor on the TV has failed. I've seen both of these cause this issue. Now in order to test the remote, do you have a digital camera or cell phone camera we can test the remote with?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If so let me know. You would turn your camera on and then point the tip of the remote at the camera. View the tip of it through the viewfinder/screen of your camera and press any of the buttons on the remote. Let me know if you see a flash of light from the remote.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that with my cell phone - and there is no flash of light I put in new batteries this morning.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Aric has opted out of the question.I can help if you'd like to continue. To clarify though, the $5 was only an initial deposit to post your question, the total fee you are charged is more than that, and is indicated on the Account/History status under the Account link at the top of the page. Do you need more help and wish to continue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think my remote is bad. I put it in front of cell phone camera and saw no lights flash.
Will a Universal remote work on this TV?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
To clarify, for that test, if using an iphone, you must use the front camera (selfie cam), does that change anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it didn't make a difference
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay so then you do indeed have (at minimum) a faulty remote. A basic universal remote would not work, these insignia tvs are not compatible with most remotes.You'll want a new factory/oem remote.You can pick one up here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/301743878118?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true No programming is necessary, it will work automatically. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you provide replacements?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No, we do not sell anything here. This is an information and tech support service.I can only diagnose the problem and tell you what is needed.I provided you a link above where you can purchase the remote: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/301743878118?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this, Kathy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Thank you. I got a new tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. I would have been happy to recommend some new tv models, if that was your preference, so you wouldn't get stuck with another insignia type product. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan