Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Pioneer Blu-Ray Player i.e. BDP-88FD& a LOEWE TV &

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Blu-Ray Player i.e. BDP-88FD& a LOEWE TV & using a converter HDMI to Component because the TV does not have an HDMI input no picture despite the DVD player is indicating that it is playing The DVD. The other DVD players I am using are OK No problems PLEASE HELP ME... THANKS.
EDWARD
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi Edward and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the LOEWE TV.Still, please confirm that:• Pioneer BDP-88FD + LOEWE TV connected using HDMI to Component converter with 12' cables + TOSLink, there is "...no picture...", but there is sound;• using the same HDMI to Component converter with 12' cables + TOSLink, all "...other DVD players...are OK..." with the LOEWE TV both with picture and sound;• this is a first/fresh install of the Pioneer BDP-88FD + HDMI to Component converter with 12' cables + TOSLink + LOEWE TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
...and the TV's model number please?Have you tried lowering the HDMI output resolution of the Pioneer BDP-88FD ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I do have a hearing problem & I shall be pleased that your answer be as simple as possible my synaps / neurons as not at your level. Thats why I am asking & YOU the expert is going to help me
Thanks ROY
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
While playing a DVD disc on the Pioneer BDP-88FD (even if no picture at the LOEWE TV but with sound) and using its original remote control, have you tried pressing the RESOLUTION ▼ button a couple of times with slight pauses in between ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO I will do as you suggest now please note I am some yards away from TV/DVD I will let you know what happens
ROY.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Yes please and would look forward to an update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I do have a hearing problem & I find it very difficult to understand voices on the phone & it gets worse when I use my Hearing Aid.PleaSR BE PATIENT ;THANKS.
Roy I did as you suggested & DVD ...TOP MENUE & TV displays IN NO SIGNAL & OUT 720/480P60 Does this Help?
ROY
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Further There is no sound as well. Roy
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
...and the TV's model number please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get Model Number:- ACO 9383PB & Serial Number :-78002118
I do hope this will assist with your answer?
ROY
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but conflicting information on the sound. Still, please try:• connect another DVD player to the LOEWE TV using the HDMI to Component converter with 12' cables + TOSLink;• play a disc and set/ensure that the LOEWE TV has a picture and sound of the DVD movie disc playing;• once picture and sound is verified from the LOEWE TV, do not touch/change any settings on the TV;• on that other DVD player, press STOP, eject disc, power off and remove the HDMI cable from that other DVD player;• plug in the same HDMI cable to the Pioneer BDP-88FD. Then load and play the same disc and check the LOEWE TV for picture and sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For your information your suggestion has worked .I will do what you have suggested & tell you the outcome.
ROY
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Great!Good to hear that the "...suggestion has worked..." Good luck and thank you for the opportunity to be able to share the information.