TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Panasonic V. HDTV does not hold the channel selections that

Customer Question
I programmed into the set...
My Panasonic V. HDTV does not hold the channel selections that I programmed into the set (add & delete channels). I would be watching channel 4 news, and all of a sudden a religious channel pops up, interrupting my news channel. When this happens, ALL of the channels I deleted (in the programming area) come into my tv. Also, when I program the channels, sometimes the main local channels are duplicated or tripled. Furthermore, sometimes a duplicated (shadow channel) would have two different tv shows on it! For example, channel 7.1 would be on my tv in two different places, each showing a different show. I replaced the remote (and correctly programmed it to my tv), and I also bought a new antenna-- no change. Just before I decide to throw the tv out the window, I will say that my set does present a perfect picture. I just can't hold most of the channels. HELP!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
5/10/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This usually indicates and internal hardware fault, meaning defective memory components in the main board (tuner card).Lets try factory resetting the tv: press and hold the Volume Down button on the side of the tv, along with the MENU button on the remote control, for about 5 seconds.Rescan, and check for functionality.If the problem persists, repairs would be necessary but that typically would not be practical for an older set - you could buy a new tv for the same price range as repairs.An alternative would be to hook up an external tuner box instead: http://amzn.to/1TzjBzOThis actually gives some added benefit as well because you gain the ability to record to a usb memory stick/hard drive, so it turns your tv into a DVR as well.Best regards,Nathan
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This usually indicates and internal hardware fault, meaning defective memory components in the main board (tuner card).Lets try factory resetting the tv: press and hold the Volume Down button on the side of the tv, along with the MENU button on the remote control, for about 5 seconds.Rescan, and check for functionality.If the problem persists, repairs would be necessary but that typically would not be practical for an older set - you could buy a new tv for the same price range as repairs.An alternative would be to hook up an external tuner box instead: http://amzn.to/1TzjBzOThis actually gives some added benefit as well because you gain the ability to record to a usb memory stick/hard drive, so it turns your tv into a DVR as well.Best regards,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Do you need more help with this, Pat?
Nathan, Installer