Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We have a Plasma Panasonic 42 inch TV. As I watched, the screen

Customer Question

We have a Plasma Panasonic 42 inch TV. As I watched, the screen went black and a big red X came in the center of the black screen; can you tell me what the X mean. The set is 10 years old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me the full model number of the tv, Joyce? Are you able to use another input on it successfully (dvd, game, apps, etc)?Can you bring up the panasonic on screen setup menu at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set is mounted on the wall and I cannot see the model/serial number. It is set to HDMI1 for TV viewing nothing else works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
When you say nothing else works, do you mean you've tried to put it on another input and it won't respond?Can you see the panasonic menus?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do not need any farther service and I wish to discontinue your service. Thank you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You would do that from the help page.