Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Had a storm last night and lighting struck like right on the

Customer Question

Had a storm last night and lighting struck like right on the house. Had the tv off and now today it won't turn on. Could that somehow burnt the tv out. My satellite receiver works but the tv just shows a little orange dot in the left corner. Always white when working. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome Please re-boot the set by unplugging the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again, any change?let me know before moving on Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing changed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything is the same
I am afraid the power or mainboards have took a hit here and will need to be replaced, if you think you can do that work yourself let me know I will be happy to help?
Otherwise you are looking at calling a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area
Sorry its nothing easier here
How old is the set now please?
Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessaryMany ThanksAnthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do need to do to replace the main board
You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the board with all the AV connectors on,now take the board out by unplugging it and unscrewing it from the chassis,look on the board for the part number this will be on a sticky label or etched on the board (you may need to try different codes on the board) then initially try www.shopjimmy.com, if they dont have it google the partnumber only, fitting is the reverse of taking out plug and play.Let me know if you need more info Anthony
Do you need any more help please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
If you do now or later on please let me know AnthonyPS please remember to rate the answer 3 to 5 stars so I receive a payment from the site, note the question remains open