Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Yes

Customer Question

yes
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, All I see here is what you've done but not what is wrong with your TV. What is it doing or not doing please?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Any signs of life on the set (power light lit or blinking, screen lights up, etc.)?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need assistance with anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a smartphone to answer your message so the problem is when I try to turn on the TV the on light blinks 17 times then "DIGITAL TV" flashes in bottom right corner for 1/2 second then goes blank.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
then the red light comes on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after leaving the tv unplugged for a week it worked ok but when I turned it off for the night, it won't come on again.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what you mean about a Smartphone needed to answer, but I am able to see your replies now.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Given these symptoms it appears you're looking at a Mainboard issue, or in some cases a power supply issue. When the screen goes blank, does it remain "backlit" (meaning slightly lighter than if the set were off)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the program memory was reset when i first got turned on? no backlight
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. These symptoms could be either board I mentioned above (with the most likely being the Mainboard), and you won't always see bad capacitors, etc. as a tell-tale sign of which board- you're going to need a multi-meter to narrow this down any further. Do you have a DMM and the ability/experience to test live voltages inside of the set? Or are you looking for a link to the most common/likely board to replace it please?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Actually just seeing now there's two versions of your model- one has the power cord and all of the AV jacks on one board, the other has a separate AV input board. Which is yours- do the AV jacks and power cord go to the same board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all I need is a schematic of the tv , I am a retired computer technition
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay so you're looking to repair it down to a component level on the PCB? I don't do that. The board cost $20, and my shop labor rate is higher than that, so what I'm saying is it would not be cost effective to repair the board down to component when you can buy the entire board for $20.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is same board.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
It's also not likely to find a schematic or service manual for the Funai/Sylvania/Emerson sets as it's an off brand and built cheaply enough to not warrant support on a PCB level. Board swapping it a much more cost effective endeavor for them as they aren't spending the money to support techs using schematics. That being said, the solution I would offer is to spend $20 and purchase the power/Main board for the set and be done with it. That board can be purchased at the link below: http://www.shopjimmy.com/emerson-sylvania-a01f4mpws001-main-cba.htm
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I would also suggest double checking the part number and connections on the board in your set against the ones shown at that link. It's not uncommon for them to use a different board and make changes to it- even within the same model number. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also it powers on when I unplug the cables to the backlite power board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Aric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I rate you nothing happens when I click on the stars?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.Previous expert has opted out and I'll be assisting you now, please reply back if you need any further assistance or service manual copy etc for this TV.Thanks.