Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Picture shows channel 4 but channe on screen reads channel

Customer Question

picture shows channel 4 but channe on screen reads channel Info on bottom of screen doesn't go away
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Piscture locked to channel 4 and lower part of screen sats channel 1
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I need some more info. Are you using a cable box with the set please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes Time Warner cable
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I asked if it's a "BOX"? Meaning not just cable from the wall- right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I also need to know what info you're seeing on the bottom of the screen. Please elaborate.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Is it Channel Info, or TV info (TV info would be like 1080P, HDMI, Smart TV, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
channel information
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Closed Captioning, or something else? Keep in mind I'm not here to see what you're seeing.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I would try a reset of the cable box given the info you provided. Please unplug the cable box power cord from the wall (so there are no lights on the front of the box). Wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. It will take a few minutes to reboot. Once it reboots please see if you have the same issue. If so then I will then need you to reply back with exactly what you see on the screen.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.