TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a vizio tv model #xvt473sv. After a power surge, it

Customer Question
stopped working. I took it...
I have a vizio tv model #xvt473sv. After a power surge, it stopped working. I took it to a repair shop who diagnosed the issue for $50. They said it was the digital main board. They said they could fix it for an additional $310. I decided to opt out & just buy the part myself & install it. The TV will power up now, but the screen is stuck on the get started screen. It instructs me to use the remote control up, down buttons to the set up screens. My problem is the remote will not do anything now. I need help.very frustrated
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/1/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hello, The issue is the board you purchased is faulty. The Mainboard controls this setup MENU and the remote. So while you were on the right track in replacing the board- the board you have needs to be exchanged. Where did you purchase the mainboard from please?
Let me explain. With a good functioning Mainboard installed in the TV, you would run through those setup MENU's and they would operate normally and respond to the remote. The Mainboard processes and stores these setup screens, navigates through them and saves your settings for Input, picture settings, etc. The Mainboard also processes your remote commands. Since ALL of those functions are generated by the Mainboard- this indicates the Mainboard you received is not fully functional. We see this common with used/pulled boards available all over the net and it's not uncommon to get a bad board. The fix is to purchase the Mainboard from a reputable vendor like FTV parts, or exchange the board you received through the parts vendor telling them the board has a bad EEPROM (processor): http://www.ftvparts.com/products/vizio-e601i-a3-y8385864s-main-board?gclid=Cj0KEQjwr5G5BRD_n-T0pf7x4ucBEiQAlxHOP4cZlqT-oRaAemgW5cQGkwChjM8DdHN6sdyEJQG4CSAaArAl8P8HAQ
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
You can first try removing the back of the TV and with it unplugged from power, carefully remove and re-seat all of your ribbon cables making sure they're secure. See if that solves the problem. If it does not then you would need to swap that board. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Aric, I will try that tomorrow. If it's not the ribbon cables. I will remove the board & send it back to vendor for an exchange
You're welcome and that sounds good. We see bad boards on a routine basis. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will come back to this tomorrow, to check out the TV & I will rate you tomorrow. Thank you
Thanks.
Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.
Aric, Technician