TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I connect a Panasonic DVD/VHS DMR-ES35V to a Panasonic

Viera TC-P50ST50 with AT&T U-Verse?...
How do I connect a Panasonic DVD/VHS DMR-ES35V to a Panasonic Viera TC-P50ST50 with AT&T U-Verse?
4/30/2016
Nathan, Installer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you using a cable box, or just basic cable from att?Are you needing to record from the att cable (to dvd) or are you just wanting the panasonic for playing back discs and tapes?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1. I have a wireless U-Verse cable box
2. No Recording. just playback for pre-recorded tapes and VCR to DVD copying
Okay, so you'll want to have a hdmi cable from the uverse box to the tv, to get the best picture and sound quality, say to the hdmi1 port on the tv. For the panasonic, because it is an older model, the ports are somewhat limited, but it can still work.Use a set of red/white/yellow rca cables, from the ports on the back of the panasonic that are labeled dvd/vhscommon out, and put those to the COMPOSITE video ports on the back of the tv.There is actually separate little "breakout" cable for this, that has the red/white/yellow connectors on one end (to go to the cords from the dvd), and the other end has 2 headphone type plugs that go into the tv.
For watching cable, you'd have the tv set to HDMI1, using the INPUT (source) button on the tv remote,for dvd/vhs you'd set it to the COMPOSITE input mode.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I already have an HDMI cable going from the TV to the wireless box since the TV is already working. SO this step should be OK.I do have the "breakout" cable that you are referring to with the two Headphone-type plugs that go to the TV. Is this the only red/white/yellow cable that is needed?How do I contact you if I have questions? How do I get back to this page to give you a rating.
Well that breakout cable plugs to the tv, then the red/white/yellow goes from the other end of it to the vcr outputs. That breakout cable has a few you won't use, and the yellow cord goes to the green plug. You can bookmark/favorite this page to get back with me anytime if you need more help. Best regards,Nathan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I've got it. I will bookmark this page and get back to you with a rating. Which will be "Excellent" if goes as expected. Thanks, Nathan.Amy
You're very welcome.
Nathan, Installer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Thanks for your help. The information you provided was clear, concise and exactly what I needed to know. You made a 65 year old woman very happy! Even I was able to get the DVD player connected with your help.Regards,
Amy
Nathan, Installer