Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Good afternoon. I have a plasma Insignia model number NS

Customer Question

Hi good afternoon. I have a plasma Insignia model number NS - PDP 40 42 inch TV I recently just powered it by the power plug into the wall in my garage there seems to be a background a regular blue tin heavier than the rest of the picture but functioning all menu options are operational should I bother plugging it inside my house to the Comcast box and allowing it to automatically adjust tense or what so for that or should I look into buying parts or is it even worth it thank you for your patience and time
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: No thank you very much
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome Do you mean a blue "tinge"?so there is a background of a blue cast? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I send you a pic.?Thanks for your time and patience.
OK does it behave this way if you use another input like a DVD player or game? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not tried to connect to cable.line or dvd anything else you wanted to know if it was worth my time to install inside the house.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted know if it was worth the time to connect in house
So what are you using it for in the garage?what is it connected to input wise in the garage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To test it out before bringing it inside. I have a. Eldely retired, disabled, roomate. With lots of cats who love cables and wires.
The set has a problem if it has a blue cast now that could be something as simple as lead not in correctly from the input to the set or it could be a video board issue its why I ask the questions to try and narrow down what is happening so to rule out a lead issue either try the set somewhere else for example inside the house if its still the same let me know, if it clears the issue please >> Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessary Many Thanks Anthony
Or you will need to try another input on the set so we know for sure its the TV and not any input you are using that is causing the trouble thanks Anthony
Let me know how it works out please understand there are at least 5 things that can cause this hence the troubleshooting
Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessary Many Thanks Anthony