Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Connecting apple tv (3rd Gen) to Vizio tv. I have Direct TV

Customer Question

connecting apple tv (3rd Gen) to Vizio tv. I have Direct TV box connected to HDMI1 and Apple TV to HDMI2. How do I get Vizio to switch to HDMI2 ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: How to switch the Vizio TV to recognize the Apple TV ?
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
You did not give me the tv`s model number but either directly on it or its remote there should be a button called INPUT or SOURCE , with the apple tv box turned on press that button a few times to go through the inputs until the tv gets to hdmi 2
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Give that a try and if you cannot find that button or have problems switching input then please let me have the tv`s model number ?If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.