Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

New Samsung smart tv 55 inch Connected with 2160 hdmi. Sound

Customer Question

New Samsung smart tv 55 inch Connected with 2160 hdmi. Sound blips/ stops off and on and picture pixelated off and on
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;What is connected to this tv ?Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?I would also require the tv`s model number on the back cover please ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sound bar and cable box only not sure model number exactly as it is on the wall. Ultra high def 55 inch
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's 4KDo you have only the cable box connected to this tv ?Somehow I feel this is not a tv problem here .When this happens , if you open the TV's own menu or even just change channel on the cable box , does the screen clear ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have done that. Multiple resets and unplugging re plugging. Trying different channels
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
You are going to have and try something else than the cable box and no I did not mean fix the problem but does it affect it somewhat when you open the TV's own menu ?Are you saying that the TV's own menu also show that problem ??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I was asking if changing the channel affect this problem , not if it fixed it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it did not
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Different channels may have different resolution and that could be an indication .There are very few 4k chanels on cable systems by the way and the ones that are there are simply upconverted 1080p resolution .How old is this tv anyway ?When did that start ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Is your cable box 4k capable ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
In any case the sound problem as well doesn`t look good for the cable box but again you would need to either try it on another tv or another device on this tv to find out.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Is the tv doing it right now ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I need to go to work. Chat later
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem If that answers your questions for now please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.