TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

LG TV model 55UF680T-TA, new tv. When I turn it on LG logo

Customer Question
appears. Remote working. Cannot do...
LG TV model 55UF680T-TA, new tv. When I turn it on LG logo appears. Remote working. Cannot do anything. Have unplugged, checked if any keys stuck.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/26/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand these symptoms point to a failure in the mainboard of the TV, which is something that can be replaced- but there generally isn't a pushbutton fix for it. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.
Aric, Technician