TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a Toshiba 57h84 projection hdtv. I get the slow red…

Customer Question
Hi, Have a Toshiba 57h84...
Hi, Have a Toshiba 57h84 projection hdtv. I get the slow red blinking light when I turn it on. My previous trouble was with the hyper module and I had all the caps replaced 6 months ago and was working fine.. now this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
4/25/2016
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. How many times is the red blinking light blinking? it might be a 'flash code' where the number of flashes is a report on what error the TV has sensed. I think your repairing of this TV might be helped by your having a service manual to follow troubleshooting procedures in. It would contain instructions on what points to measure and what tests to make to determine what to replace. Would you like for me to seek out a source for such a service manual for your TV's model line / series ?
Well, When i turn on the tv the red led stays on for a good 5 seconds. Then it starts blinking about every two seconds. I see no rhythm in the led like 3 short 3 long or anything like that. just blinks about every two seconds constantly.
Well, then that counts as one blink, I guess. If it is a blink code at all. Would you like for me to seek out a source for such a service manual for your TV's model line / series ?