TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sony Soundbar will not work when plugged into tv. We have

Customer Question
Sony Soundbar will not work...
Sony Soundbar will not work when plugged into tv.
We have a Toshiba Model # *****
Sony Soundbar : HT-cT80
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/24/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hello, What type of cable/connections are you using to connect the soundbar to the TV please?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The soundbar came with optical digital cable
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We also purchased an audio optical cable
Thanks. So, now you mentioned something about Netflix and a Blu Ray not producing sound through the soundbar. Is the sound coming from the TV's built in speakers right now?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, we turn the volume done on tv. Turn bluray on Netflix and sound does not come thru soundbar
First make sure the soundbar is set to the DIGITAL INPUT using the Sony remote's Input button. Then raise the volume on the soundbar. Go into the Toshiba MENU and follow the instructions on page 19 of the manual below and select BOTH the PCM and DD options to see if either one gives you sound: http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20081026144100/Manuals/052/05246RV525.PDF Let me know what happens and make sure you follow all of the instructions posted here (and at the link) to the letter.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call. If you need more assistance, simply reply back on this page.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The choices on the soundbar remote are
Usb, analog, optical
Choose OPTICAL since you are plugged in there and follow the rest of the instructions I posted please.
Did you choose optical, and turn the volume up? Also, did you go into the TV MENU and select both PCM (then check for sound) as well as Dolby Digital (and check for sound again)?
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Aric, Technician