Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My dad's lg plasma tv volume is stuck on 20. the remote works

Customer Question

my dad's lg plasma tv volume is stuck on 20. the remote works other than that and the side buttons don't adjust it either.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The remote or side buttons will change the volume visually (as in the volume bar will show it is going down) but audibly it does not change and after you let go of the buttons, the bar reappears as set to 20.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome First thing to do is to reboot the set un-plug the set from the wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again let me know if there is any change thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried that and nothing changed.
Have you looked in the settings menu under audio for any setting that automatically locks the audio to this level? Let me knowAnthony
If you do not see it yourself I will need the model number of the set found on the back of the set so I can heck the data myself Anthony
Can you please get me the model number thanks?if not and all is good could you please rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, 3 to 5 stars please so I receive a token payment from the site thanks again Anthony
Do you still need help with this please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I failed to mentioned that I am literally 100 miles away from this tv. I texted my dad about the settings. He doesn't have phone signal where he lives so it will have to wait until he contacts me back.
OK keep me updated thanks, ***** ***** a one slam answer its a troubleshooting exercise always is for TV Anthony