TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My hitachi le42h508 tv just went dead,i turned it off and when…

Customer Question
my hitachi le42h508 tv just...
my hitachi le42h508 tv just went dead,i turned it off and when i tried to turn it back on nothing.there is no red light no response from the power button nothing the tv was working just fine before this no issues at all,there was no power outage nothing new connected I have unplugged the tv and tried pushing the power button nothing the outlet is working just fine and i have disconnected my daughters xbox and our cable box,there is no clicking sound when i plug the tv in nothing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
4/24/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jennifer. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, at a minimum a faulty power supply board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; If by chance you've had this for less than 1 year, you'd be covered under the factory warranty.Beyond that, you'd be on your own for repair costs. If you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components. If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty, from a more reputable brand, for under $300. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Do you need more help with this, Jennifer?