TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-60LE81OUN I use a digital air atenna I

Customer Question
I have a Sharp Aquos...
I have a Sharp Aquos LC-60LE81OUN
I use a digital air atenna
I get the message: No broadcast now (E203)
On channel 5 only?
All other channels wok fine.
How do I solve this problem? ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/24/2016
TV Technician: Joel, Handyman/Handywoman replied 1 year ago
Joel
Joel, Handyman/Handywoman
Hi Lynn, I'm Joel. I look forward to assisting you with your question today.
Are you able to try a reset on the TV to see if it restores the channel? You can do so by issuing the following for reset:1)Plug in TV then wait until LED start flashing. 2)Press Volume DOWN [ - ] HOLD BUTTON.3)Press Channel UP [ ^ ] HOLD BUTTON.4)Press Power [ (') ] HOLD ALL three buttons on the TV until LED stops flashing and then release.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Joel, it is now Saturday midnight in Utah. Can we chat some time tomorrow?
Yeah that's fine. Let me know when you get a chance to give it a try, thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. What is the time difference between your time and mine? It is now 12:30 am.
Its 5PM here, I'm in AU
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have completed a reset to go back to factory settings several different ways. I then have gone to initial setup and searched for channels. Every channel works fine except channel five which is NBC. What else might you suggest I do?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried following your instructions but I am confused about the LED flashing. I am not sure what the (LED flashing) is?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you sure these instructions work for an Sharp LC-60LE81OUN model TV?
Hi Lynn, yes I have the service manual for your model TV
"Hold down the Volume Down and Input buttons on the TV and keep them held down for the next two steps;Plug in the TV;A white "K" should be displayed on the left side of the screen. Release the buttons;Hold down the VOLUME DOWN and CHANNEL DOWN buttons until the Blue Service Menu appears and then release the buttons;Using the remote control, press the DOWN button to change to the next page;Using the remote, press the VOLUME UP button and then the ENTER button to change and execute the highlighted line (INDUSTRY INIT [Cause]);Unplug the TV to complete the upgrade."
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the followup. I will try the procedure again a see of ot works. Woll report back tomorrow.
Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tv unplugged. Holding volume down button and holding input button, plugged in tv. Nothing happened. Tv stayed off. I cant even get the first step to work. .? What is your next suggestion?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At this point I would like to thank you for your help and suggestions. I have called the customer service department at Sharp Corporation. They indicated they were aware of the procedures you outlined for me but that they did not always work on every TV. They gave me the name of the authorized service company that services Sharp TV's in my area. I have called them and they will come to my home an service my TV. Thank you again Joel for your effort in helping me. It is appreciated. This will end our chat.
Thank you, Lynn
Louie, Technician