Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a sharp Aquos lc-40c32u tv with no remote. I can get

Customer Question

I have a sharp Aquos lc-40c32u tv with no remote. I can get my dish network remote to control the power/volume nd even trhe menu button brings up the menu line but i can't move the cursor to select anything the laft/right buttons don't work. is there a manual set of buttons to setup the tv
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: hello?
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have a sharp Aquos lc-40c32u tv with no remote. I can get my dish network remote to control the power/volume nd even trhe menu button brings up the menu line but i can't move the cursor to select anything the laft/right buttons don't work. is there a manual set of buttons to setup the tv
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately this type of control is really beyond the scope of the dish remote. Cable satellite remotes rarely are able to do anything more than power and volume/mute for the tv, they just are not designed for controlling the menu.You can try using the volume and channel buttons on the tv itself to navigate but those are limited as well. Ultimately, your best option would be to just get a replacement tv remote for the times you need full menu access: http://amzn.to/1U9UZSNThey are about $15 online via the link above. Or, if you need to access the menu frequently, consider purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes (including the one that came with your dish system.)
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this?