TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a RCA digital set but it only auto scans to get analog. JA:

Customer Question
I have a RCA digital...
I have a RCA digital set but it only auto scans to get analog.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have already connected the TV to another cable connection in the same house which is also an RCA
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: so this is not a cable problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/23/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What is connected to TV for channels, cable box or antenna or coax cable from wall straight goes into TV?Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
model LED 32G30RQD
32 inch LED LCD HDTV
coax cable from wall straight to TV
I have another set in another room se up the same way. It gets the digital channels. when I connect the 32 inch the same way in that room, it did not get the auto scan digital channels
Thanks for the info, working on it and get back with you in 10 minutes, is this OK?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes
OK, it could be builtin tuner box issue mounted on main board of TV so lets try to reset the TV to default settings and run Initial Setup Wizard option for fresh channel scan.Press Menu and go to Setup option in TV menu screen, select All Reset and press OK to restore TV to default settings. Unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes, replug back in and turn it On.If initial setup wizard screen doesn't pop up then again go to Setup menu and select Initial Setup Wizard and press OK to proceed for fresh channel scan.If problem still persist (no digital channels appear) then I'm afraid it would be tuner internal issue and you would need to replace TV main board to resolve the problem. Please click following supplier link to get replacement main board for this TV or search/google it for better price info if you wish to replace it yourself..http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=32G30RQDIf you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Alternate option is to connect 'digital to analog TV converter box' to TV which would be available in nearest store for $40 or so and this way you wont need the TV to get repaired.Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here. Regards,Shahid.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did as told. only analog channels.
must be tuner.
this set is less than 1 year old
disappointed
other TV in living room is RCA too.....no issues with it.
Sorry to hear that, it must be tuner internal issue mounted on main board of TV. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.If TV is out of warranty then there are two options, either replace main board of TV or connect 'digital to analog converter box' to TV which will work as external tuner box so you would keep watching digital channels on this Tv through that box. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here. Thanks.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician