Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

I have a Toshiba Regza 55WL800A LCD TV that won't switch

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Toshiba Regza 55WL800A LCD TV that won't switch on from the remote.
Does the Tele have a manual on/off switch? I am unable to find one, and can't find the brochure.
I have put fresh batteries in the remote, and the red/blue power switch is no help as it has been intermittent since new - usually no light, as is currently the case.
Thank you in advance for your help
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIt is a touch button, so not a real button but you just touch it on the front bottom right, I have a picture here that shows ithttp://ge.tt/9iBVlvZ2If you touch it, does it turn on the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that didn't work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then the remote is not at fault Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, talk soon
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, still nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And no lights are showing correct? On the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing on the front, but the optical input on the back is still glowing red
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I assume the power supply hasn't failed?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It points to a mainboard failure if you do see power on some of the ports. The board is not processing any inputs and why it will not switch on. If your getting some lights still showing, it indicates indicates the power board is still functioning I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. Itwill be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you