TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Our tv won't shut off, it only flashes all different colors.

Customer Question
only way to shut off...
our tv won't shut off, it only flashes all different colors. only way to shut off is unplug.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/20/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hi , I`m Jack Perhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?I would also require the tv`s model number on the back cover please ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sled3220
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1407sled3220791
Thanks , this would be a RCA tvLet me check this model and in the mean time try this ;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.Be right back
Sorry , this would be a SANSUI ??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you can turn the tv on and watch direct tv, but you can't watch any local or dvds or tapes. but you aren't able to turn it off.
O.k but you said the screen was flashing full colors ??Do you mean that you actually get a picture ?
Are you now able to watch direct tv after the reset I just suggested and could not before ?Is that what you mean ?
Certainly hope this resets the main boards because there are absolutely no parts for this model .There are very few parts for sansui to start with and zero for this model .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, you turn the tv on and it flahes red, blue and other colors, turn on the direct tv box and it works perfect. change to dvd on another box or try to turn it off and it flashes again and you have to unplug it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it just started this flashing it always worked perfect a couple of weeks ago
O.k then this is rather odd as a problemI mean that normally when this self-test mode (color flashing) occurs then you cannot watch anything , it doesn`t stop and this is caused by the main board , namely its eeprom chip software .It used to be turned off the way I will describe below but very likely that the main board would need to be replaced and as I said that board cannot be found "anywhere"Here is a last ditch attempt ;While it does the flashing , on the remote press the ARROW UP then ARROW DOWN , pull out the power cord and wait 20 secs before you try it again .Variation of this is ARROW LEFT then ARROW RIGHT and cycle power againGive it a try but I don`t give this much of a chance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nope but thanks for trying
No problem , if you can live with it this way then great because there are no parts available anywhere for this model .
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician