TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Hitachi led lcd hdtv le55a6r9 to a PC weak no signal error

Customer Question
message in pC mode...
hitachi led lcd hdtv le55a6r9 to a PC weak no signal error message in pC mode
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/20/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What connection are you using to the pc?Is it a pc or laptop?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
laptop, its a VGA cable
Okay you may be missing a few steps here,you have to enable the vga output on the laptop, usually with the FN+F5, F6, or F7 key (the key should have an icon of a box with an arrow coming out) to cycle through the options (mirror/duplicate, extend, etc).You also need to set the resolution to 1920x1080 or 1024x768. Let me know if that helps. Nathan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately, this did not resolve my issue. Although I had tried your suggestions previously on my own before I just tried them again and they did not work. Any other suggestions?
Your laptop graphics card may not be compatible with this tv. It was not designed for tv use, but for use with a monitor, so it doesn't always work.Does your laptop have a hdmi port on it, or even a DVI port?Have you tested the laptop vga port on another monitor?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This new TV is a replacement for a TV I had previously hooked up my laptop to.
The laptop does not have an HDMI or DVI port.
There are a few other things to try,you can go into the graphics card properties on the laptop and adjust the refresh rate (try 59 instead of 60), as well as update to the latest drivers for your graphics card, if any are available.Beyond that, the only settings that pertain to this are the already mentioned output and resolution adjustments. If none of those work, then there is a signal compatibility issue.Your best option at that point is to hook up an external adapter. Example: http://amzn.to/26fKrpSThe added benefit to this is that you get audio through it as well.
Do you need more help with this?
Nathan, Installer