Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

I have an AKAI tv/dvd combo. Model number CFTD 2011. Replacement

Customer Question

I have an AKAI tv/dvd combo. Model number CFTD 2011. Replacement remote no longer made.
Can I use a universal remote. iIf so, where to buy . Do i need the code number from
the AKAI manual. If so, I have that. I believe it is #281
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Most all universal remotes will work with your TV depending on how many functions you want to duplicate. I can provide you a link with some recommendations if you like?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Check this LINK and you will find several remotes for your TV. The more expensive models can be easier to program by connecting them directly to your computer. Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Your response says the more expensive models can be easier to program by connecting them directly to your
computer. I don't want to connect to computer, just to operate the TV. Will I need the code that AKAI provides in the manual
to connect a universal remote to my AKAI tv.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
What I meant by connecting to the computer, is that by plugging the remote into your computer rather than punching in a code, you can just tell the remote what make and model of TV you are using and it will program it for you. All universal remotes come with a list of codes for most all TV manufacturers. If your code doesn't happen to be listed, then the remote can be set in learn mode and will actually learn the commands needed for your particular model.