How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Louie Your Own Question
Louie, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 2557
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
Type Your TV Question Here...
Louie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There I have a Sharp Aquos a couple of years old Model number

Customer Question

Hi there I have a Sharp Aquos a couple of years old Model number LC32M400M-BK.
I would like to know what mount to buy to attach it to my wall.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
The Sharp manual doesn't cover how to wall mount this unit, but there is enough information there to know HOW.The only question you have to answer is whether you want an articulating arm or a flush mount. The KEY to me is buying one that does NOT use an X mount bracket to mount the TV onto. And, since the back cover is not flat, you must use the plastic standoffs in the kit to separate the bracket from the non-flat rear cover.This is the ideal design for your TV - double brackets, flush mount design. But this is an example of what you should be looking for in your local stores. And you MUST use the standoffs between the TV and bracket, there is no way around it. you want articulating mounts, then you start running into more that have the X braces, thus limiting the ability to mount it easily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I looked at the link you sent and I can see a nice looking mount (I'm quite happy for it to be flush mounted) But as you say I need to buy it locally. The guy in the store (not very helpful) kept telling me I needed to find out the "Vase-uh" which I finally figured out (After looking at the link you sent me) might mean "VESA". My wife measured the space between holes on the back horizontally and it was 30cm, so my guess (from here is that I need something which has a VESA F, which seems odd since the TV is only 32 inch not some 55 inch monster.
Anyway, so I guess for my store I should find the "VESA" numbers for my specific TV. Can you find that for my specific model?
You also mentioned that I must use the "Standoffs". Please excuse my ignorance, which part are the standoffs? I looked on the site you sent and also on amazon but I couln't see what parts were plastic, all looks metal to me. I understand that I need something to separate the TV from the wall since all the wires stick out the back...Thanks for your answer
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
30cm VESA means you need a 400 x 400mm Vesa mount since 200 x 200 is too small to use. Vesa standards are 200x200 or 400x400, and it's hard to find any wall mount in the 300x300 range. Those standoffs I mentioned are nothing more than a plastic/metal spacer that you put between the TV and the mounting bracket, and they take up the extra space so the bolts don't extend into the TV set too far. They were originally designed to protect the glass plasma screens from cracking, but are still included to keep the TV frame and panel from being stressed/warped.I guess they are also called "spacers" as seen here -*Version*=1&*entries*=0 My suggestion - get a 400 x 400 mm wall mount, and they should have those spacers included in the package. Otherwise, order those spacers. Most likely, your bolts will be 6mm bolts for that size of TV. I doubt very much they are 8mm. Those should be included with the wall mount package too. The bolts and washers are pretty much available at any lumber/hardware store, so they're the lowest on my list of priorities. Bracket first, spacers next, bolts are last.