Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

When we first turn the TV on we have ghosting pictures and

Customer Question

When we first turn the TV on we have ghosting pictures and horizontal lines. After several minutes it seems to straighten out and work right. Just started about three weeks ago but may be getting a little worse. 40" flat screen but less than two years old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;If you open the TV's own menu , does it cover those lines or ghosting or is it also affected by this ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Are you with me Rick ?I can see you came around to look at my reply
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
In any case checking the menu would`ve just confirmed what is already obvious to me and I`m sorry to say butthis is a LCD tv and i`m afraid that there is only one possible cause for a problem like this and that is a defective LCD panel .Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv , especially the horizontal lines that clear after warm up then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panelSorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money.Let me know if you have questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.