Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Philips TV model # ***** Sound was fine yesterday.

Customer Question

I have a Philips TV model # ***** Sound was fine yesterday. No sound today. The TV is connected to cable. I am operating the TV as I always have. (Also the remote to the TV has not worked for quite a while, even after replacing the batteries.)
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome Is that cable box? or cable straight from the wall please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable comes from the wall into the cable box then into the TV
Please re-boot the cable box you may be using by unplugging the box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time.We find software glitches within the box can cause thisLet me know how this works out, if it works out good would you please rate the answer positively by using the rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this postAny issues let me know pleaseThanks againAnthony
How is this working out please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just plugged everything in. Still no sound.
OK if you try another input like a DVD player or similar is there still no sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't. I would have to disconnect the DVD from another device, which would be very difficult and I don't have the time right now.
Its the only way to eliminate the box from the TV ...You see all the sound processing is carried out by the box the TV just amplifies that sound Let me know when you can do it and post backI will post back in 24hours thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Thank You Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I exchanged my cable box at Comcast. I'll see if that solves the no-sound problem.
OK Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns Many Thanks Anthony