Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

LG 60PZ550 Plasma TV No Picture. Just Sound.I have a volt

Customer Question

LG 60PZ550 Plasma TV
No Picture. Just Sound.I have a volt meter, Solder gun, And a few parts TV's , just none are 60 inch.I would like to fix this television myself.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am available to use facetime, and/or webcam video chat ( skype etc )
I do not want to pay unless I am able to fully diagnose and fix this problem.Its fairly simple, I just dont have the knowledge in this field yet.I have the back panel of the TV off, And am able to provide which ever pictures are necessary.I am also able to do all the soldering removing, and/or replacing of the parts.I do not want to buy another board, as this one is fine, I just cant figure out what is wrong with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can also talk on the phone if necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to add, the screen itself is in mint condition, there is no cracks or damage to the screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If no one is interested in taking on this question, Im just going to delete it.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. (I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.) Do you observe any flash codes from the power light on the front, when the TV is turned On?Do you have a service manual for the TV? it could save you a lot of uncertainty and some money in swapped-out boards that turn out not to be the component at fault. If you are interested, I can find a source or sources for such a service manual. If it is producing no flash code, this case could be simple, or could be somewhat difficult. The simpler cases will be the ones where a connector has become very dusty and needs cleaning, or very loose and needs re-seating. Is there much dust or dirt inside the TV, that you can see?