How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack Your Own Question
Jack, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 9386
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
Type Your TV Question Here...
Jack is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. My TV won't power on. I investigated

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. My TV won't power on. I investigated and found a blown fuse on the power board. I replaced the fuse, only to have it blow again immediately
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's a Samsung model ln40b640r3rxza's not the fuse by the plug, but more central on the board. I can't find a schematic online to figure what the fuse is for.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem. I could give you the service manual but it wont be much help , it is general info and block diagrams , no schematic and in any case to tell you frankly unless you take this as a project then it would be much simpler to just replace that board
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If you wish to repair this board part # ***** (subs 264B) then I would suggest getting the kit at the link below ,that should cover this failure (and others) the way , never mind if your model is not listed there , its the correct board number .Also found a schematic for it ,click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"The schematic is behind it is behind that , wait for it to open and use the DOWNLOAD button ; , you can get that board at the link below or use that part number if you`d like to do your own shopping ; me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you