Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My name is ***** *****. My TV won't power on. I investigated

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. My TV won't power on. I investigated and found a blown fuse on the power board. I replaced the fuse, only to have it blow again immediately
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's a Samsung model ln40b640r3rxza TV...it's not the fuse by the plug, but more central on the board. I can't find a schematic online to figure what the fuse is for.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem. I could give you the service manual but it wont be much help , it is general info and block diagrams , no schematic and in any case to tell you frankly unless you take this as a project then it would be much simpler to just replace that board
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If you wish to repair this board part # ***** (subs 264B) then I would suggest getting the kit at the link below ,that should cover this failure (and others)http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00264a-power-supply-backlight-inverter-component-repair-kit.htmBy the way , never mind if your model is not listed there , its the correct board number .Also found a schematic for it ,click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"The schematic is behind it is behind that , wait for it to open and use the DOWNLOAD button ;https://www.dropbox.com/s/blqcjtijcf7v4za/samsung_bn44-00264a.pdf?dl=0Finally , you can get that board at the link below or use that part number if you`d like to do your own shopping ;http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN44-00264A.aspx?model=LN40B640R3FXZALet me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you