Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My lg tv just went out no sound and no picture JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

my lg tv just went out no sound and no picture
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a lg 55le5500
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I need to ask for some more info to help with this. 1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur? 2) If you grab the original LG remote and press MENU- will the MENU display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had the tv for 3 or 4 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lg remote does nothing
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. If the LG remote does "nothing" then you're looking at a hardware failure in the TV- since the LG remote supersedes all other connections and settings. So you're sure the batteries are good in that remote? Are you saying the remote won't even turn the TV OFF or ON? Please elaborate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i open the back of the tv and there is a blue light blinking
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Slow down and reply back to what is asked if you would like help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
remote turns off and on on the tv
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
When first powered up- LG welcome screen yes or no?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I need you to check the screen using a flashlight. Hold the light at a 45 degree angle against the screen and look very closely. Check for a shadowy image of the programming behind the screen. We need to see if the backlights are working and if not, if the LCD controller is working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no screen
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what that means.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I asked you two things: 1) Are the backlights on?2) If not look VERY closely for shadows of the picture. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont see any shadow picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no back light on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
What board is the light blinking on.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You'll see a part number stamped on that boar, please get the number and type it out here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its in the center on the very top of the tv
the tv is a lg 55le5500
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I know the model of the TV. Get the part number off the board where you see the blinking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
aesz4025a02587
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Nothing comes up, not even a google search. I'm going to need you to elaborate more on the board, or find another number, or post a picture- something.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing else is on the board
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. Previous expert has opted out. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. - Does TV stay On when you press power button OR shuts Off itself after some time?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it turn on but black screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i put a flash light on the screen and did not see the shadow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can u call me(###) ###-####
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please have a look at three board image in following links, which one you're referring here having blue flashing light?board-1http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f8f28dc4a19c21aeb55ee5774693fb5d/s/h/shopjimmy-ebu60904803-top_1.jpgboard-2http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f8f28dc4a19c21aeb55ee5774693fb5d/s/h/shopjimmy-eay60908801-top.jpgboard-3http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f8f28dc4a19c21aeb55ee5774693fb5d/s/h/shopjimmy-6917l-0025a-top_2.jpgPhone call may not help at this time and would cost you additional $18 as per website rules. We can continue in text chat if you prefer it.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looks like its the last one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f8f28dc4a19c21aeb55ee5774693fb5d/s/h/shopjimmy-6917l-0025a-top_2.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3rd one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bottom black part on the left side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well to the left of it is the blue light
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, it is LED driver board that provides voltage to backlight LEDs inside display panel, TV symptoms are not matching up with this board issue because TV should keep sound output if lost picture/ light on screen.It seems main board internal failure (please click 1st link) and flashing blue light on LED drive board (3rd link) is indicating that it is not getting correct data from main board. You would need to swap main board of TV (one that has all input jacks) that will help to resolve the issue. Please get the part number off of main board in TV or check with following board supplier to get identical main board/ same version main board for replacement..http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=55le5500If above supplier doesn't have it in stock then search/ google it to get price and stock info to order it. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!Please reply back here if there is additional questions.Thank you.