TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My regular cable tv has a error message "error starting initial

Customer Question
application" code lA109. Not able...
My regular cable tv has a error message "error starting initial application" code lA109. Not able to watch tv, however, the smart tv works fine. Rebooting cable box does not fix the problem. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/12/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Who is your cable provider ?Cox cable perhaps ?How about the cable boxes , are they cisco ?
This is a cable system problem this error/code number usually pops up on cisco cable boxes when there is a poor connection in the coaxial cable system or no signal at all , call your cable provider and they will ping the boxes and see if they respond correctly and in any case that code should tell them something is wrong
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried that. they could not get it to work. Cable box was replaced with new connections, including coax cable.
do you see that error code on the tv screen ?
Is that error code on the tv screen or on the cable box display ??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes, "your cable box has detected a problem during the its startup process that prevents you from accessing cable tv "
O.k then you tell me how the tv itself would know or could come up with that .If your cable company cannot fix that then not only their system has problem but their techs as well
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tv
Not sure if there is a delay here but we don`t seem to be on the same replies .If it shows on the tv screen then turn off the cable box , does it disappear ?If so then the cable box is the one complaining not the tv
How would the tv know anyway that you cannot access cable tv ??It just sits there as a monitor , slave to the cable box , it does not get its own programming the cable does (or does not in this case)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the cable box blinks iA109 and app. Turning off the box does not turn off the message at screen
Unplug its power cord then and that will disappearThat code blinks on the cable box display ??
That`d be a neat trick for the tv to go and blink an error code on the cable box display .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
unplugging the tv. blinking lights still at box screen
That's correct the cable box doesn`t care if the tv is on or not .Anyway good luck with that , I`m opting out
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...cable box..." Additionally, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).Still, please consider leaving both cable boxes turned ON even overnight and connected to the coaxial cable feeds. A likely possibility is an update being downloaded/process. Depending on the speed and signal quality, the update may take some time.Another try (depending on the model/feature) would be to remove and re-insert the Smart Card to each cable box.
Louie, Technician