TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 65" curve/smart Samsung TV about 10 months old. When

Customer Question
I hit the smart hub...
I have a 65" curve/smart Samsung TV about 10 months old. When I hit the smart hub then NETFLIX the TV reverts back to the previous channel. I also have a 75" Samsung smart that is about 6 months old with no issues.
Not sure if this is a NETFLIX issue or Samsung?
Help is appreciated!
Bernie
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/11/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello Bernie, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Have you tried the other internet application in TV and do they work?Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, all is fine. I can actually hit the internet on the smart hub and access NETFLIX from that location but streaming issues prevent this. VUDU also works fine.
Thanks for the info, it seems issue is only related to Netflix application. - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try this now.
OK, please take your time.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that did not work, same problem.
Sorry to hear that, and the other Samsung TV works fine with Netflix, correct?Could you please get me the model number written on back of curve TV?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model code UN65HU7250FXZA...Version no UH02 S/C 031F3CCG104811D
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, the other TV's, IPad's and my computer works fine with NETFLIX.
OK, problem could occur due to firmware update that runs in background so lets try to reset the TV to default settings (all settings in TV will be deleted) like it is just out of box and you would need to go through first time setup wizard in TV.Access the settings menu by pressing the Menu button on your Samsung TV remote.Navigate to Support and press Enter. Navigate to Self Diagnosis and press Enter. Highlight Reset and press Enter. The default PIN is 0000, if you changed the PIN, please enter the PIN you created to proceed.The TV will reset and reboot. When the TV powers back on, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup. Run Netflix app and check.Please reply back with the result. Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, did all that just waiting and waiting. Just says "smart hub is updating, please wait".
OK, please give it little more time to finish the updating.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still waiting, un plug?
Yes, as there is no other option left and it seems Samsung smart hub has gone under maintenance and causing the issue.Please unplug TV power cord for 5 minutes, replug back in and turn it On to see if it still gives smart hub updating message or it works fine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried that and it still says hub updating hub.
Sorry to hear that, it appears that TV is just fine and Samsung smart hub (a web server where the TV goes by default to access to other websites) has got internal issue, I'm really sorry about it and Samsung would be working on smart hub to get it fixed that may take few hours. We have tried out all possible steps and TV is just fine. Please check back after few hours and hopefully problem would have been sorted out.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Very disappointed!
Sorry about it, let me repost the question so other experts can have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further so you can have 2nd opinion.Do not rate my answer and leave it is it is.Thanks.
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician
Hi there and welcomeDo you still require assistance with this?Please let me know.
Richard, Technician