TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My name is ***** *****. JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more

Customer Question
My name is ***** *****. JA...
My name is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Pioneer PDP-504PU Plasma TV. THe Unit shuts off immediately and Blinks 3 times, red light. Disconnecting Y or X Drive it still shuts off. There is also first a green and then switch to a red light in a different location on the Video Processing Assembly Board that come on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/11/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
Hi there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have a response other than, " Hi there " ?
Thanks for replying back to me.You were offline when I tried responding earlier.----------------------------------------------This indicates a fault with the power supply.Have you carried out any tests on the power supply board outputs using a voltmeter?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not interested in upgrading to phone calls or other service enhancements for additional costs. I would like to get the service that I have already paid a deposit for and 48 hours later have not received.Is it normal to have those green, red and then a different red light show up on the Video Processing Assembly Board?Telling me I have a fault with the power supply doesn't tell me anything that I hadn't already told you as the TV auto shuts down and turns itself off which is a self protection mode caused by power issues.
For the problems I am experiencing, how would you specifically test the power supply board, Pioneer AXY 1068 Power Supply Unit, using a voltmeter (note: no capacitors are noticeably blown, bulging or leaking)?
Yes, it is normal for those lights to show up on the VP board.To test the power board, locate the voltage outputs and measure those to ensure they are correct. If they are not, then replace the board.If you do not have previous experience in testing these dangerous high voltages then it is not advisable that you attempt to do so yourself.
Pete, Electronic Engineer