TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Yeah im not getting any picture or sound on my vizio tv JA:

Customer Question
yeah im not getting any...
yeah im not getting any picture or sound on my vizio tv
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: we were watching Netflix on our tv and then tv just went out no sound or picture
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: we had sound for a min or so then that stopped to
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/11/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
vizio model number e550i-b2 just a cable box att uverse
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
and no I have black screen cant even see inputs
OK, does the power indicator light on TV front lit or blink when press power button?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a power light its solid white
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on the tv itself
OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what would that do I have black picture
Rebooting the TV and cable box will role out any software bug issue, can you try it now?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
already unlplugged waiting to plug back in
OK, please reply back with the result.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
should I plug back in yet
Sure, please go ahead and replug back in and check.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing just black screen still
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
?
Sorry to hear that. Does screen lit/ glow for a second when turn On the TV?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no nothing just a white power light in the corner on the tv
OK, there are two suspected circuit boards in TV for this trouble, either main board or power supply board has failed. It needs further troubleshooting in TV with multimeter to check output volts of power supply board which will help to determine defective board, if you get any change of volts on PS-ON pin of power supply connector and get 5V, 12V 20V output of power supply board then main board is bad and should be replaced.Please check with following board supplier to get required replacement board if working on it yourself..http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=e550i-b2If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here. Regards,Shahid.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician