TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

We have a Samsung UN55hu6840f and it keeps automatically turning

Customer Question
off then comes back on...
We have a Samsung UN55hu6840f and it keeps automatically turning off then comes back on! This happens every 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Just started doing this 2 days ago! Help, please!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/10/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Let me know when you see this
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just read.
Hi , this is caused by a recent firmware upgrade from Samsung and the way to clear this is by performing a reset on the tv .Give me a minute please
OPen the tv`s menu and go to SUPPORT , open that and go to SELF-DIAGNOSIS , open that and go to RESET and when asked the pin code/password ***** 0000 unless you already set your own , the tv will reboot and you will have to redo your setup but at least it will stop the power cyclingTake a look at this link ; http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55HU6840FXZA Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still resetting. It cut out twice before we could do what you asked!
Try it again , it has to be done , did you look at the link i gave you on this ?
Open it where it says " power cycling after firmware ......" and you will see this " f you are having trouble completing the steps above, or the reset does not correct the issue, please Contact Us."
Click on that "contact us" if you cannot get the tv on long enough to proceed , they are aware of the problem and it is their responsibility .By the way , you could try to unplug the tv 5 minutes or so and try it again , it may stay on long enough then
Certainly hope this help and please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looks like it's fixed! Sorry, it kept cutting out until we could finally complete it.
Glad to hear that
If you cant find the rating system then you can do so verbally here by saying " i rate excellent service" or " good service" Thank you
Still have questions on this ?
Not sure what more you would want here , i mean i gave you your tv back without needing a local repairman that would have cost you $125 so If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.Thanks for understanding .
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician