Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

While watching my flat screen emereson tv it lost all power

Customer Question

while watching my flat screen emereson tv it lost all power and cannot be turned on, what seems to be the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand the set losing power altogether would indicate a fault in the TV. However I don't have many details here so will need to ask for more info. 1) Are you able to get the model number off of the back of the set? 2) Are there currently ANY signs o life on the TV at all? 3) How long have you owned the set for?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply please.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if you're still with me or not, or how old the set is or anything else. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.