Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My picture has a purplish film. Audio is fine.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;What type of cables /connection do you have between the cable box and tv ?Is it a single coaxial , HDMI or color coded component cables ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Is the cable box connected in the video 1 or 2 at the back of the tv ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If connected to either then pull the plugs out and back in securely one at a time both at the tv and cable box .You probably just have bad contacts on the Y-PB-PR terminals .Let me know how that goes
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but tried to accept and it looks like the payment failed on the phone requestWe can continue in this chat anyway
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Can you send me any reply ??Did you try what i suggested ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I know you can see what i type , the system tells me every times you look
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If reseating the cables at both ends like i suggested doesn`t do it then you may have a bad cable , namely the red plug connected to the PR terminals.What i would suggest if your satellite receiver has a HDMI port would be to use a hdmi cable , that would clear that problem and likely give you a better picture.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you By the way , i did try a few times to accept the phone request again and it simply doesn`t go through
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I solved the problem. All I had to do was restart my Dishnet Hopper.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see my Bank acct was charged $38 for nothing and then it declined SEVEN more attempts to charge me again. I will never use JustAnswer again . Now the bank has suspended my card. What a load of crap.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel my phone request, please.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech.Please use this link or phone number for these questions;http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****