TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The picture on my Samsung ln-s4095d is grainy and blurry regardless

Customer Question
of the type of signal...
The picture on my Samsung ln-s4095d is grainy and blurry regardless of the type of signal that I've put to it. Dvd blue ray via hdmi, regular dvd via hdmi, dvd via composite, tv cable box via hdmi. Don't what else to do. I realize it's an older tv but it worked perfectly one day and then doing this the next. I currently have the back casing off of the tv looking for bad parts ie capacitors, bad connections as well as any types of burnt electronics smell and can not find anything. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/8/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Can you please pull up the TV's native MENU and let me know if the MENU image is also grainy and blurry? Additionally, can you post a picture of the screen on this page so I can take a look? A picture is worth a thousand words. Also, we may not need it- but it would help if you had a Multi-Meter to check voltages. Is this something you're able to do?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
menu image is also blurry and I do have a multi meter
You skipped the most important part that I asked. Picture?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I post the picture on here?
The paperclip icon on the page. You upload just as you would to Ebay, Facebook, etc. Pictures saved on your computer can then be clicked on and posted to the page.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will have the picture post in just a minute
Okay no problem.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's telling me that the attachment needs to be less than 5mb. do I just reduce the resolution on phone's camera?
I can't help with that- I've never posted a picture on here before. Are you trying to upload directly from a phone? If so that won't work. It needs to be uploaded from a computer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took the picture with my phone and emailed it to my email and saved to my desktop and attached to the file
I'm not sure, and it's getting late. I will need to opt out at this point.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How else can I get a picture to you? I lowered my resolution to 640x480 and it's still 5.7mb.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where is the paperclip? are you referring to the + Add files to the left of the send button?
Louie, Technician