TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a samsung 1080p tv it keeps clicking when plugged in

Customer Question
and wont turn on...
I have a samsung 1080p tv it keeps clicking when plugged in and wont turn on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/6/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of this set? Also how long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?
,Not sure if you need assistance with this... We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Mainboard being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Aric, Technician